Social media is a must-have for any business that hopes to succeed in online marketing. There are many different ways that companies can harness the power of social media, but the reality is that every business will have a different need. This requires a different plan, so it’s a good idea to work with your SEO agency to discuss your marketing needs and how you can use social media to capitalize on that and maximize your investment in online marketing.
Everyone posts to social media about their business with promotional content, but not everyone uses this platform in all the great ways that it can be used. Here are five unique ways that social media marketing companies are integrating social media for the business world:
- Facebook as a platform for pre-selling. Before customers even set foot near your business, you can use Facebook to get to know people, present yourself as an authority, and make your audience comfortable. That way, when they come to you for a purchase, they’re already halfway sold on whatever they are buying.
- Twitter as a market research tool. Twitter is a great platform for quick notes, information about specials, links to related articles, and so forth. However, it can also be used to research your audience. Find a list of advocates and critics on the social network and use their comments and insight to see what customers expect from your brand. It also allows you to set up lists of insiders and competitors so you can gather industry information.
- Use Pinterest to position yourself as an authority in your industry. Through the use of visual bookmarks, you can provide people with related articles, images, and information about topics relevant to your business. Instead of creating original content, you can simply curate existing content, share it with followers, and more. This will give you the chance to be a trusted resource for your audience.
- Social networks for e-commerce. This is a growing trend, with companies like Snapchat launching tools like Snapcash, allowing users to transfer money via messages. The convenience of catering to your audience in their environment will be invaluable to your success.
- Social network profiles as SEO tools. Your profile on each social network allows you to input information about your business, your brand, and other elements of the company. You have room to incorporate keywords for SEO purposes, just make sure that you don’t overdo it.